Amarillo VA Health Care System
Contact the Amarillo VA Health Care System
Amarillo VA Health Care System offers a variety of health services to meet the needs of our nation's Veterans. For additional contact information you may also view our phone directory or A to Z List of Services.
Appointment and Scheduling
- (806) 354-7856
American Indian Program Coordinator
- Veronica Khan, (806) 355-9703 Extension 7488.
Billing and Collections
- To speak with someone in our billing section, call the VA Health Revenue Center at (866) 802-6819(toll free).
For more information, visit the Copays and Charges website.
Contact the VA - Inquiry Routing and Information System (IRIS)
- VA has established an inquiry routing and information system which provides answers to frequently-asked questions. You may also use this system to submit a comment, question, or concern.
Caregiver Support Coordinators for Amarillo
- Erin Wood, LMSW
Admission & Referral Service
(806) 355-9703 Extension 7928
Compensation and Pension and Integrated Disability Evalutation System
- (806) 355-9703 Extension 4104
- If you have questions about your eligibility for VA Health Care benefits, call the Medical Center at:
1-800-687-8262 (toll free)
Extensions: 7215, 7825, 7653
or visit the VA Health Care Eligibility Center web site.
- Please notify the Amarillo VA Health Care System in cases of emergency hospitalization in your community by calling during regular business hours (806) 355-9703, ext. 7921 or ext. 7674. If after hours, please call (806) 355-9703, ext. 7210.
Freedom of Information Act
- Email Darrin.Helton@va.gov.
Former POW Advocate
- P. Dave Whittaker, Ph.D. (806) 355-9703 Extension 7539.
- General Line: (806) 355-9703 Extension 7330.
Homeless Veteran Coordinator
- Juliana Walker, LCSW, (806) 355-9703 Extension 7522.
Mental Health Point of Contact
Michael T. Lambert, M.D. Chief, Mental Health Service (806) 355-9703 Extension 7147
Media Link - Contact the Public Affairs Office
- Members of the news media should contact our Public Affairs Office:
Daytime phone (806) 356-3737 or (806) 354-7811
After 4:30 PM and Saturdays and Sundays: (806) 671-2322
Military Sexual Trauma Coordinator
- Gail Hays, LCSW, (806) 355-9703, extension 7655.
- If you have a compliment, complaint, or other issue which you believe requires resolution, please contact one of our patient advocates:
- Clavio Garansuay, (806) 355-9703 extension 7165.
- Karen Cato, (806) 335-9703 extension 7166.
- Outpatient Pharmacy - Monday-Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Refill Line (Toll Free) - 1-800-687-8262 Extension 3770
- Online via MyHealtheVet
- To speak with our privacy officer, call the Medical Center at (806) 355-9703 extension 4528.
Release of Information
If you need to get information from your medical records, please contact our Release of Information Office at (806) 355-9703 Extension 7268. Release of Information is located in room #1202.
Returning Service Members
Transition & Care Management
- Katrina Goldby, Program Manager
Phone: (806) 355-9703, Extension 6771
Transition & Care Management for Lubbock VA Clinic
- Case Manager
Phone: (806) 472-3400, Extension 2618 or 3460
Environmental Agents, Agent Orange
Phone: (806) 355-9703 Extension 7285
Women Veterans Program
Crystal Cole, RN, BSN
Phone: (806) 355-9703, Extension 7559
For facilities wishing to refer/transfer a patient
- Admission/Transfer Coordinator
Phone: (806) 355-9703, Extension 7921
Suicide Prevention Coordinator
- Kristell Brinkmann, (806) 355-9703 Extension 7537.
Telephone Triage and Information Program
- Please contact our telephone care line if you need medical advice, have a question about your medication, or need to schedule a non-urgent appointment. Your location determines which number to use.
- For Veterans who are in need of medical advice, have questions about their medications, or need to schedule a non-urgent appointment.
- Local (806) 354-7837
- Outside of the Amarillo calling area:
- Calls will be answered locally from 8:00am to 4:00pm, M-F. After hours EMERGENT medical advice is available through the toll free number.