Contact the Amarillo VA Health Care System
Amarillo VA Health Care System offers a variety of health services to meet the needs of our nation's Veterans. For additional contact information you may also view our phone directory or A to Z List of Services.
Appointment and Scheduling
- (806) 355-9703
American Indian Program Coordinator
- Veronica Khan, (806) 355-9703 Extension 7488.
Billing and Collections
- To speak with someone in our billing section, call the VA Health Revenue Center at (866) 802-6819(toll free).
For more information, visit the Copays and Charges website.
Contact the VA - Inquiry Routing and Information System (IRIS)
Caregiver Support Coordinators for Amarillo
- Erin Wood, LMSW
Admission & Referral Service
(806) 355-9703 Extension 7928
Compensation and Pension and Integrated Disability Evalutation System
- (806) 355-9703 Extension 7266
- If you have questions about your eligibility for VA Health Care benefits, call the Medical Center at:
1-800-687-8262 (toll free)
Extensions: 7215, 7825, 7653
or visit the VA Health Care Eligibility Center web site.
Freedom of Information Act
Former POW Advocate
- P. Dave Whittaker, Ph.D. (806) 355-9703 Extension 7539.
- General Line: (806) 355-9703 Extension 7330.
Homeless Veteran Coordinator
- Ginny Sartini, (806) 355-9703 Extension 7522.
Mental Health Point of Contact
Media Link - Contact the Public Affairs Office
- Members of the news media should contact our Public Affairs Office:
Daytime phone (806) 356-3737 or (806) 354-7811
After 4:30 PM and Saturdays and Sundays: (806) 671-2322
Military Sexual Trauma Coordinator
- Margaret Lair, LCSW, (806) 355-9703, extension 7580
Operation Enduring Freedom/Operation Iraqi Freedom (OEF/OIF) Transition Program
- Program Coordinator: (806) 355-9703, extension 6771
Patient Advocate: (806) 355-9703, extension 7502
- If you have a compliment, complaint, or other issue which you believe requires resolution, please contact one of our patient advocates:
Amarillo - Clavio Garansuay, (806) 355-9703 Extension 7165.
- Outpatient Pharmacy - Monday-Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Refill Line (Toll Free) - 1-800-687-8262 Extension 3770
- Online via MyHealtheVet
- To speak with our privacy officer, call the Medical Center at (806) 355-9703.
Release of Information
- If you need to get information from your medical records, please contact our Release of Information Office at (806) 355-9703 Extension 7268. Release of Information is located in room #1202.
Suicide Prevention Coordinator
- Margaret Lair, (806) 355-9703 Extension 7580.
Telephone Triage and Information Program
- Please contact our telephone care line if you need medical advice, have a question about your medication, or need to schedule a non-urgent appointment. Your location determines which number to use.
- For Veterans who are in need of medical advice, have questions about their medications, or need to schedule a non-urgent appointment.
- Local (806) 354-7837
- Outside of the Amarillo calling area:
- Calls will be answered locally from 8:00am to 4:00pm, M-F. After hours EMERGENT medical advice is available through the toll free number.
Women Veterans Program Manager
- Women Veterans Program: (806) 355-9703, extension 7559